Monday, January 16, 2012

A word for the New Year!

It seems that nowadays everyone has a word that they pick for the New Year. A word that represents them or a word that they choose to live by. It's a different word every year. I think that this year I will follow along. My word for this year I choose is to "be present".  I think it is a fitting word for me. A word that I definitely want to live  by.

I want to be present in everything I do. It is sort of like a mini-resolution but it is in all just a "word".
But a word that means something. This year I'm choosing to be present.

To be present when my children talk to me, to stop and look them in the eye, to really listen, not make dinner or open the mail.

To be present with my little one, to sit and play puzzles with her, or color and not catch up on my emails or be in another place thinking of my to-do list.

To be present with my husband, to sit on the couch with him at night and snuggle, or just watch TV, not surfing the Internet or catch up on my reading.

To be present with my family, to take the time to sit and listen, to listen what they are saying, not rushing them off the phone to move on to the next task at hand.

To be present in all I do in my life, not multitask with everything like us moms have been so accustomed to do. To really be present whether it is doing laundry or washing dishes, just to be present in the moment and take it all in!

No comments:

Post a Comment