Saturday, January 7, 2012

Happy New Year!

A New Year is upon us! I particularly love this time of year! I feel like it is a fresh start for all. The hustle and bustle of the holidays are behind us and now we can focus on the new year ahead. I was once one of those people come January 1st would conjure up all my resolutions for the upcoming year. I would excitedly write them all down and get to work! I would have the usual, eat better, exercise more, spend more quality time with my husband and kids....

But you know what, the past few years I have decided to approach the upcoming year differently. Oh I still have my resolutions but let's just say I don't call them resolutions anymore....to me they are more like small intentions to make me feel better about my health, life.  Of course we all want to eat better, exercise more, spend more time with our family etc...

So, they really are just intentions to be a better person for myself. Those are things I should be doing already, right??
Honestly, for years those were my same resolutions. It's not like I never accomplished them. I did try to eat better and exercise more and spend more quality time with my family. Some years were better than others.

But I feel like a resolution is a WILL to change, a determination to resolve to do something different.... So this year what do I want to change? What do I want to do differently than I have done in the past?

I'm going to take some time and really focus on myself, my life and my future. What is it that I want to work on.....Got a whole new year to work on it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment